/////When is it appropriate for a newbie to start to critiquing ?
When is it appropriate for a newbie to start to critiquing ?2017-08-25T14:14:18+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics Beginners Forum When is it appropriate for a newbie to start to critiquing ?

When is it appropriate for a newbie to start to critiquing ?

• Author
    Participant

As a newbie I feel shy and uncertain on critiquing fellow members images. I also feel obligated to be polite, and to reciprocate to fellow members when they are kind and direct in giving encouragement and advice to me. BUT, I don’t have the experience or technical photography knowledge to do that.

Do I just say what I see and feel? Or just not say anything? and the fellow members think I am snubbing them?

Thoughts….

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Any activity is probaly good at this stage.

How about asking questions rather than making statements?

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@peter Connan 297649 wrote:

Any activity is probaly good at this stage.

How about asking questions rather than making statements?

I remember that time in my life, when in the 60’s I became a teenager and when my children became teenagers.

We all made statements…..Noooo

• DaveK
    Participant

People love to get comments on their pics? Speak your heart. There are precious few really technical comments on this forum. Most are comments like: I love the colors, great pic. Or, neat composition, or, ‘great action shot’ etc.
    One does not need even a small bucketful of competence to add to such a discussion.
    Go and peruse a more technical forum e.g. BPN, and then when you come back you will find it easy to ‘speak’!!
    D.

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

Dave I really appreciate all the comments and help that I receive from the community here. All have taught me so much and given great advice, encouragement and direction. For that I am truly grateful. I am looking for direction to reciprocate.

I will remain shy and uncertain to critique. Please forgive.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx