/////Warning possible fraud/scam artist using ODP Adverts
Warning possible fraud/scam artist using ODP Adverts2018-07-18T14:51:24+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics General Photography Chat Warning possible fraud/scam artist using ODP Adverts

Warning possible fraud/scam artist using ODP Adverts

• Author

Hi
    I currently have some adds on ODP I was contacted by a Jean-Paul Kunene (male) about my lens, it struck me he didnt know much about the lens but kept pushing for the address where he could see the lens and if it was at my home or work.

I requested he sms his name and ID for a verification, my verification came up the ID belonged to a female last name Gumede
    There is a site veryfy ID cost is R10.00 per sms but well worth the cost if you have doubts.

• elsahoffmann

Tell us more about the ID site please?

• Anonymous

Hi
    the site is verifyID and you sms the ID number in the following format : IDNO 1234567890123 to 38585 and they send you back an sms
    (costs R10) instantly with the details of who the ID belongs to : Full name, Date of Birth, their age, sex, citizenship and if alive or dead. with that you can easly track them on social media if you want to put in the effort. There is also a site on home affairs where you can check for duplicated or clonned ID’s.

• elsahoffmann

Thank you Paul – much appreciated.

• Palladium65
    Participant

Hi Paul , I been noticing weird immediate calls for my ads from guys also wanting to buy but know nothing about the lens. I think the outdoor photo forum team should start introducing an iTrader rating system for us members.

That way we can sift out all the scammers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• MarkSpencer
    Participant

I had one of these calls yesterday, I was very firm with the guy because he barely knew what he was talking about so I knew he was probably a scammer.

• Rian Botes
    Participant

Good morning

Is there any way one can check on a S/N of a camera being advertised? Was hoping there was a system or way of dialing in a s/n either at Canon themselves or in general to see if the seller truly is selling a legit camera..?

anybodies help appreciated
    Regards

• elsahoffmann

Rian, call Canon / Cameratek and check.
    try Lenstag https://www.lenstag.com/stolen/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx