USB Dock or Reikan2017-08-27T16:56:33+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics Beginners Forum USB Dock or Reikan

USB Dock or Reikan

• Author
    Participant

I have the Sigma USB Dock and some comments by Simon have me thinking. Sometimes I am not getting the sharpness I want.

Does anyone use this software and is it worthwhile investing in?

https://www.reikanfocal.com/features.html

• SimonDP

Why don’t you just calibrate using the usb dock, it will do all you need.

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@simondp 297659 wrote:

Why don’t you just calibrate using the usb dock, it will do all you need.

Simon I have done that and I am not sure that that might be part of my issue. Sometimes the camera “JAMS”. I have to take the lens out of custom mode 1 and switch to off. This also sometimes jams the camera. The lens/camera combination never did this before I calibrated using the USB Dock.

I have noticed that the camera and lens have a bit of play. This play may well have been there since new. I did not take notice. If the lens is mounted on a tripod the camera has play in that it can be can be moved “rotated” slightly. No front and back or up and down movement, just like car steering wheel turning movement. Not sure if this is normal.

• SimonDP

A slight amount of play between lens and body is quite normal, but should not be excessive, and and never be loose fitting.

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@simondp 297662 wrote:

A slight amount of play between lens and body is quite normal, but should not be excessive, and and never be loose fitting.

Thank you for clearing that for me Simon, I was worried that something was faulty on the camera.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx