The Lure of the Kgalagadi2013-08-21T09:56:26+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics Outdoor Photography Topics The Lure of the Kgalagadi

The Lure of the Kgalagadi

• Author
    Participant

Our recent trip to the Kgalagadi was a real struggle in terms of sightings and interactions compared to our previous trip. -8 deg temps (apparently), but it really was friggin cold. We did see a lot, although far away etc. We added Honey badger and African Wildcat to our list on this trip.

We started finding it very funny when the bushes, clouds, grass, rocks etc start playing tricks on your eyes. Below is a yellow “cape cobra” stick, spotted ahead, adrenalin pumping drove slowly up to take some pics, when bam, the stick froze 🙁

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9244[/ATTACH]

I guess its all part of the fun. I have posted a selection of images from this trip at Photodestinations.co.za – here is the link

0X4B5913.jpg

• Anonymous

I am now looking to book a “photo tour”, and your story makes me think I am doing the right thing to try to get recommendations before booking a trip!:o.

• Arne
    Participant

As they say, “A bad day in the bush is better than a good day at work” There is no real “bad” time to visit the Kgalagadi and there were people there at the same time that had awesome sightings etc. Each season and month brings a different perspective and experience.

@karin Leibbrandt 283295 wrote:

I am now looking to book a “photo tour”, and your story makes me think I am doing the right thing to try to get recommendations before booking a trip!:o.

• Peter Connan
    Participant

The bush is always unpredictable. Which is probably part of it’s enduring alure. If you want to see something specific, your best bet is to go to the zoo?

While I have been to Mabuasehube before, I will be going to the riverside for the first time in December. Can’t wait.

• Anonymous

@arne 283298 wrote:

As they say, “A bad day in the bush is better than a good day at work”

Absolutely!

• Anonymous

@peter Connan 283317 wrote:

The bush is always unpredictable. Which is probably part of it’s enduring alure. If you want to see something specific, your best bet is to go to the zoo?

At our zoo they are a bit sticky about me sleeping over and driving around in my car. Don’t want to offend them too much for obvious reasons 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx