/////Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2
Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G22017-12-21T09:24:04+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2

Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2

• Author
    Participant

Hi

I’m still in the market for a Nikon 24-70G f2.8 (non VR), but I’m reading a lot about the new Tamron SP24-70 F/2.8 Di VC USD G2. And everything I read tells me the new G2 Tamron is the better option, especially in low light
    (both is around R16 500, Nikon second hand market price)

QUESTION: How good will this Tamron be for sport ?

• Norm de Plume
    Participant

@martyn 298131 wrote:

QUESTION: How good will this Tamron be for sport ?

For sport? :confused:

• martyn
    Participant

@ Norm. Yes, Netball is a very “close” sport, Indoor Hockey and when you do MTB’ing, the rider is on top of you if you (example) sit at a rocky” area. And not to mention all the Athletics Feld events.

• Norm de Plume
    Participant

@martyn 298137 wrote:

@ Norm. Yes, Netball is a very “close” sport, Indoor Hockey and when you do MTB’ing, the rider is on top of you if you (example) sit at a rocky” area. And not to mention all the Athletics Feld events.

I guess it’s a matter of personal preference I suppose. I shoot netball, hockey, and athletics with the 70-200 and a 400 for track and field events. Sometimes I’ll use my 24-105 but even then it’s used almost exclusively in the telephoto range. My 16-35 is rarely touched.

• Peter Betts
    Participant

Martyn I have a MINT Nikkor 24-70 F2.8 non VR for sale R 15 K

• jaytee
    Participant

I bought the Tamron recently, because I wanted 2.8 and IS/VR. I haven’t used it a lot because I shoot mainly sport, and it’s a bit short for that (I agree with Norm). It’s a sharp lens, and works well as long as it doesn’t have to track fast action. I read a revue (the digital picture I think) to the same effect – the suggestion being that Tamron processors don’t talk to Canon that well. That might not apply to Nikon.

• martyn
    Participant

@Norm de Plume 298138 wrote:

I guess it’s a matter of personal preference I suppose. I shoot netball, hockey, and athletics with the 70-200 and a 400 for track and field events. Sometimes I’ll use my 24-105 but even then it’s used almost exclusively in the telephoto range. My 16-35 is rarely touched.

Hi Norm, I have a 300 f2.8 and a 70-200 f2.8 VR1. The 300 f2.8 is so much superior then the 70-200 that this lens is just in my bag and I dont use it at all. I just think that the 24-70 will be so much a more “useable” option. I think the 70-200 is just to “long” for indoor sports, as you will not get the close shots and the DOF. ? txs for the info. regards

• compasiune11
    Participant

Great lens. Let’s hope Canon comes up with a stabilised version also.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx