Spring Day at Marievale.2017-08-29T11:37:28+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics Outdoor Photography Topics Spring Day at Marievale.

Spring Day at Marievale.

• Author
    Participant

Anyone keen to meet up at Marievale on Spring Sunday 3rd September for a brunch Braai? Do you thing in the hides and walk around then meet up at about 10h00 for the brunch and chat at the picnic spot. Would be awesome to put faces to names.

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

Please indicate here if interested. Thank you.

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Sounds like a plan, but no promises yet…

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@peter Connan 297675 wrote:

Sounds like a plan, but no promises yet…

Ok so I will be there. Not going to arrange anything special. Will just take along a snack box for my wife and myself. Please do the same or not. All are welcome to introduce ones selves.

Next time, with more response, it would be nice if ODP could do a promo of sorts.

I will be at the gate at 6H00 and awake the gate attendant.

To ID me, I will be wearing a tartan cap and have a short very grey beard. Looking forward to meet up with all.

• Peter Connan
    Participant

I will be in Hadeda hide around sun-up. Look for a red Nissan Patrol standing by the hitching-rail. And a green Lotus Register beanie.

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@peter Connan 297699 wrote:

I will be in Hadeda hide around sun-up. Look for a red Nissan Patrol standing by the hitching-rail. And a green Lotus Register beanie.

Good news that you can make it Peter. I will see you there. I drive a white Pajero. Old model.

• elsahoffmann

@keith Baxter 297700 wrote:

Good news that you can make it Peter. I will see you there. I drive a white Pajero. Old model.

whats an old model

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@elsahoffmann 297704 wrote:

whats an old model

One that has a lot of patina, elegant with aging wrinkles, and the face paint is somewhat faded and or smudged. The head lights are not bright and shiny any more but hold position. The hooter works and the 4X4 still drives through mud, rocks and any terrain and takes the owner the full distance required. A pure pleasure to ride in. Some times I have to jump start her when her battery is flat because I do not ride her as often as I should. Only take her out when I go into the bush or looking for birds to take nice pictures of. These old models are very faithful and have given there owners a lot of pleasure over the years.

Hope that explanation helps.

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

Was great to meet you on Sunday Peter. Sorry your day was cut short. Would be great to do a meet up again. Do you know any of the other guys? Are they members here?

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Likewise Keith, and sorry for leaving early. Just didn’t seem to be much point in hanging around doing nothing. Hopefully next time my camera doesn’t break.

Did you at least have some good sightings after the light arrived?

I do not know the other guys, and have no idea whether they are members here.

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@peter Connan 297716 wrote:

Likewise Keith, and sorry for leaving early. Just didn’t seem to be much point in hanging around doing nothing. Hopefully next time my camera doesn’t break.

Did you at least have some good sightings after the light arrived?

I do not know the other guys, and have no idea whether they are members here.

Yup there was a malachite KF, the pied KF, Squacco, Little Bitten, African Rail and African spoonbill.

The one guy, Doug, that had the yellow camera steady like mine. I think is the same guy that I met in KNP and convinced me to go with the camera steady. The other two guys, Sean and other Nicon D4 guy I have seen at Marievale and AR before.

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Little Bittern would have been a lifer for me…

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@peter Connan 297726 wrote:

Little Bittern would have been a lifer for me…

That is such a pity Peter. Will post an image for you. Did not get a good one as it went straight into the reads and camouflaged it’s self, but with some time in PS it might be salvageable.

Please don’t rate the image. Just to show you. I closed comments.

http://www.outdoorphoto.community/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=374322&title=little-bittern-for-peter&cat=523

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Thanks Keith, that’s actually a pretty good shot!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx