/////Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary vs Nikon 200-500
Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary vs Nikon 200-5002018-04-18T12:58:07+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary vs Nikon 200-500

Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary vs Nikon 200-500

• Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

I wonder if you can help me out? The 1000’s of reviews on the internet is driving me crazy!

I have a Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary, and after I send it to Sigma for calibration it really is sharp compared to how much it front focused, used on my Nikon D7500.

But I want to know if it is worth the money to upgrade to the Nikon 200-500? If it really is a upgrade after all.

Is the Nikon sharper than the Sigma and overall better?

Would like some feedback.

NB. The Nikon is on special now, so the timing would be right for “upgrading”.

Thank you

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Take your kit to the shop, take a few pics with your lens, strap on the 200-500 and test it.

Preferably, use a tripod and manual focus through zoomed-in live view for at least a couple with each lens.

Then, go home and pore over them on your PC.

• elsahoffmann

Riaan – in my humble opinion – the two cant even compare. Some would say the Sports version Sigma 150-600 is a better comparison though

For the price that the Nikon is going currently – I firmly believe you cant go wrong. If I have the money (and the need) I would have bought a second copy of this lens.

I am wondering though if they are considering a 200-500 Version 2 – if this is the reason for the special – but who knows. If they do bring out an upgrade – i would climb in my car immediately and go buy it. In my opinion the 200-500 is the most under-rated long lens ever made, considering the price.

• elsahoffmann

@peter Connan 298389 wrote:

Take your kit to the shop, take a few pics with your lens, strap on the 200-500 and test it.

Preferably, use a tripod and manual focus through zoomed-in live view for at least a couple with each lens.

Then, go home and pore over them on your PC.

Just dont listen to him – 😎 go buy it

Peter is right – if you can do that – you will obviously make a more informed decision.

• Petervdh
    Participant

Go and have a look at this site and see what can be done with it. https://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=sigma_150-600c
    Search for the 200-500 nikon on this site and decide for yourself then.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx