Rondebult this weekend?2017-09-14T15:49:34+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics Outdoor Photography Topics Rondebult this weekend?

Rondebult this weekend?

• Author
    Participant

Rondebult is an underestimated birding venue. I have had some awesome sighting there and hope to see a flamingo or two this coming summer.

So I will be there on Saturday morning from 06h30 till about 09h30 and again on Sunday.

Bring a short lens as there are peacocks and ostriches which make for awesome opportunities. If you are into street photography, the community have gym and exercise activity in the car park and along the walks.

See you there….

http://www.gauteng.net/attractions/rondebult_bird_sanctuary

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Would love to, but still don’t have a camera…

Raincheck?

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

@peter Connan 297788 wrote:

Would love to, but still don’t have a camera…

Raincheck?

Sorry about that Peter. What is the hold up? Is it Nikon or you just haven’t gotten round to taking the camera back.

• SimonDP

Indeed nice place, been there before, want to go back. But this weekend, Saturday is Historic racing at Zwartkops and Sunday is Porsche Day at Loftus

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Keith, they don’t have spares…

Quoted 2-4 weeks. From previous experience, that probably means 6 weeks.

• elsahoffmann

@peter Connan 297792 wrote:

Keith, they don’t have spares…

Quoted 2-4 weeks. From previous experience, that probably means 6 weeks.

many might not understand – but for us photography isn’t a “hobby” – its a “habit”

soul destroying being without a body.

• Keith Baxter
    Participant

Simon you make me envious. Would love to get introduced to Motorsport photography.

History!!!! I keep reminding myself go back in time.

Both my father and his brother raced Velocette motorcycles in NATAL in the 1950’s. Racing was in their blood. Oh and my father also was a crew for Sid vd Vyver and my mother worked for him at Blake road motors. I remember those days at Roy Hesketh and Westmeed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syd_van_der_Vyver. Sid and his wife Sue, are my god parents.

Anyway would love an intro to a track day or event.

We were also into powerboat racing. Peattie’s Lake, now flooded and called Albert falls dam, was the first 6 hour power boat international race in SA. Gordon LanhamLove in his off shaw hull with a fancy v8 inboard motor that the media hyped up to having the fuel passed 6 times through shammy leather and Molinari’s new tunnel hull outboard motor were the star of the show. Well the two Molinarie hulls were bought by SAfs and the cat style hull took off in SA. 40-50 odd years have passed and the desire to photograph the new generation of power boat racing seems to have poked that urge.

Sorry about the blab. smile.png Where and when are powerboat races held?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx