/////Rhino and Lion Park, Krugerdorp Day Trip
Rhino and Lion Park, Krugerdorp Day Trip2012-09-20T13:33:53+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics Outdoor Photography Topics Rhino and Lion Park, Krugerdorp Day Trip

Rhino and Lion Park, Krugerdorp Day Trip

• Author
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I will be in Joburg the weekend of the 29th and I will be meeting a family from Krugersdorp. I was thinking of meeting them at the Rhino and Lion park on a Sunday day visit, with a breakfast and lunch thrown in. I just wanted to know if anyone has been there recently or lives in the area? Or is there a more suitable place to head to? I will be doing some photography and was thinking of taking my G11/7d+70-200 as the primary camera.

I did search the forums but did not get a fast reply.

Regards,

• Peter Connan
    Participant

I would suggest a longer lens? Perhaps bring your 300 and extenders as well?

There is a huge variety of game, but the environment is relatively open and doesn’t look particularly natural. It is thus sometimes difficult to get a natural-looking picture without other people in the background.

• squirrel
    Participant

We went there for our year-end-function last year.

Its a glorified zoo. Yes, a large variety of game, but the surrounding aren’t natural at all.

And you have to keep your windows closed when driving through the lion-enclosure – those are some nasty kitties, and they’ve been known to go at people through open car windows. 😮

If you decide to take the tour, definitely don’t take anything bigger than the G11 – the vehicles are closed with wire mesh, and the G11’s lens can just fit through the gaps. Anything bigger will be totally useless.

The restaurant is pretty good, though 🙂

• Niranjan B Venkatesh
    Participant

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the info. One member did Pm me as they are going there this weekend. So all the information I have received so far points to the G11 as primary camera and as I am just meeting friends and passing the Sunday, I think it may be better the the Jozi Zoo. 🙂

Wilma: Thanks for the restaurant tip!;) Oh and I stand to be corrected but was this not where the kitties bit into the tire of a red landie a while back?

Regards,

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Don’t know about that, but they have chewed my bumper and óne of my colleagues lost two tires in one incedent. Do not allow those lions to approach your car while stationary.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx