/////Replacement front lass for Zeiss Lens
Replacement front lass for Zeiss Lens2018-05-08T14:20:36+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Replacement front lass for Zeiss Lens

Replacement front lass for Zeiss Lens

• Author
    Participant

Hi All,

I recently purchased a zeiss 25mm Distagon F2.8 ZF.2 lens used and was assured that the lens was in good condition, the photos supplied showed no signs of damage. However when i received the lens i found that the front glass was badly scratched.

Is anyone able to assist me in tracking down a replacement glass for the lens?

Thanks in advance.

• SimonDP

Can you just not take up the seller on his misinformation? Replacing the front element can be very pricey.

• elsahoffmann

I agree with Simon.
    However – have you tried the lens to see what the extent of the damage is?

• Bashirj
    Participant

Thanks SimonDP and Elsahoffman.

You see my pickle. the lens works bu there is a very distinct haze right in the center of the image…especially noticeable when photographing dark solid backgrounds.

I have been looking for this lens used for such along time as an alternate to my 21 which is much larger and heavier as a walk around. I have spoke to the seller and unfortunately i took a chance but we live in different provinces so its not a quick fix. As a start i would just like to get an estimate on the cost so i can make an informed decision. Either i will return the lens or ask for a partial refund to fund the repair but I am struggling to get a quote.

the lens is s sharp and vibrant in the unaffected areas that I am prepared to wait as i have waited to find the lens for so long.

• SimonDP

All I can suggest is try the Zeiss guys, 021 551 9202

• elsahoffmann

@bashirj 298425 wrote:

Thanks SimonDP and Elsahoffman.

You see my pickle. the lens works bu there is a very distinct haze right in the center of the image…especially noticeable when photographing dark solid backgrounds.

I have been looking for this lens used for such along time as an alternate to my 21 which is much larger and heavier as a walk around. I have spoke to the seller and unfortunately i took a chance but we live in different provinces so its not a quick fix. As a start i would just like to get an estimate on the cost so i can make an informed decision. Either i will return the lens or ask for a partial refund to fund the repair but I am struggling to get a quote.

the lens is s sharp and vibrant in the unaffected areas that I am prepared to wait as i have waited to find the lens for so long.

I see your pickle. I hope you get sorted

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx