/////Question re Nikon Mirrorless
Question re Nikon Mirrorless2018-01-03T15:42:04+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR Cameras Question re Nikon Mirrorless

Question re Nikon Mirrorless

• Author
    Participant

Just want to know if Nikon has stopped making the mirrorless SLR cameras – can’t seem to find any anywhere – reason for Nikon is my DSLR is Nikon and would like to be able to use external flash on a mirrorless.

• elsahoffmann

PSP – not a clue as I am allergic to those 😉 – no there is nothing wrong with Mirrorless. But I dont want to look in case I want one.

Call the Outdoorphoto shop and check with them – they will be very up to date with what is current

• PSPSpeed
    Participant

@elsahoffmann 298157 wrote:

PSP – not a clue as I am allergic to those 😉 – no there is nothing wrong with Mirrorless. But I dont want to look in case I want one.

Call the Outdoorphoto shop and check with them – they will be very up to date with what is current

Yup – started looking and ….. need one desparately!

• AllanBower
    Participant

If you cant find a Nikon, Sony has a good choice.

• PSPSpeed
    Participant

I like Sony – but does a Nikon flash work on them in auto mode? – I doubt it – will visit the shop today to see what my options are – I love my Canon SX710 but the quality is not the same as APs-C in the DSLR’s . – looking for WiFi and articulating LCD – will probably go for Canon.

• AllanBower
    Participant

You can use your Nikon flash off camera with the Sony’s (with triggers), but in manual. I think the same will apply to the Canon.
    The Sony has an articulating screen, wifi and a FF sensor, depending on which model you look at.
    Sony agents are the same as your Nikon agents so I am sure if you contact them, they will be able to give you the advise you are looking for.

• Leo Theron
    Participant

@pspspeed 298156 wrote:

Just want to know if Nikon has stopped making the mirrorless SLR cameras – can’t seem to find any anywhere – reason for Nikon is my DSLR is Nikon and would like to be able to use external flash on a mirrorless.

Nikon 1 cameras are not manufactured anymore, and while they were, the last three years none were imported by the South African Nikon agents.

The Nikon 1 mirrorless cameras (V1, V2) has a special flash foot and the normal Nikon flashes does not fit.

The Nikon SB-800, SB-900 and SB-910 have an AUTO mode – with that set, you have auto exposure with any camera that can trigger the flash, but not iTTL exposure.

HTH

• PSPSpeed
    Participant

@leo Theron 298172 wrote:

Nikon 1 cameras are not manufactured anymore, and while they were, the last three years none were imported by the South African Nikon agents.

The Nikon 1 mirrorless cameras (V1, V2) has a special flash foot and the normal Nikon flashes does not fit.

The Nikon SB-800, SB-900 and SB-910 have an AUTO mode – with that set, you have auto exposure with any camera that can trigger the flash, but not iTTL exposure.

HTH

Thanks for that info Leo – I settled on an entry level Canon m100 for those ‘quick pics’ like it a lot and the picture quality is very good for the price.

• Leo Theron
    Participant

@pspspeed 298173 wrote:

Thanks for that info Leo – I settled on an entry level Canon m100 for those ‘quick pics’ like it a lot and the picture quality is very good for the price.

GOOD!

By setting the flash on your M100 to manual and reducing the power, you can trigger a Nikon flash that has been set to SU4 mode! Now you have a powerful off camera flash – manual exposure or A-mode!

• PSPSpeed
    Participant

Thks – will definately try this

• PSPSpeed
    Participant

Must say this works great – love the new camera .

• elsahoffmann

iSnt that what it is about in the end – have great fun and many happy results 🙂

• Norm de Plume
    Participant

@pspspeed 298197 wrote:

Must say this works great – love the new camera .

I’ve got the original M and use it fairly regularly, even though I have a few technically superior dSLRs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx