/////Own website created – C&C welcome
Own website created – C&C welcome2017-06-19T12:56:40+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics General Photography Chat Own website created – C&C welcome

Own website created – C&C welcome

• Author
    Participant

G’day,

I have attempted to create my own website, would appreciate any comments/improvement ideas as VERY new to this!

http://markbooysen.com/

Thanks

• elsahoffmann

I LOVE the new clean look and feel of the site!

• Peter Connan
    Participant

Nice site and gallery.

If I may:
    1) a little bit of additional info would be nice. Just the English names for the birds in the Avian gallery, and perhaps locations in the Landscape gallery?
    2) Personally, I have an issue with the typical “contact request”. I much prefer websites where the contact information (phone number or preferably e-mail address) is supplied. I realize this constitutes a risk, but I much prefer being able to send a normal e-mail to having to fill in a questionaire.

• markbooysen
    Participant

Thanks Elsa & Peter…

Peter, I am in agreement in terms of the names in the gallery but I am struggling getting a decent text colour – it is a “dull” grey that is hardly readable…

Let me work some more on it …

• elsahoffmann

@peter Connan 297348 wrote:

Nice site and gallery.

If I may:
    1) a little bit of additional info would be nice. Just the English names for the birds in the Avian gallery, and perhaps locations in the Landscape gallery?
    2) Personally, I have an issue with the typical “contact request”. I much prefer websites where the contact information (phone number or preferably e-mail address) is supplied. I realize this constitutes a risk, but I much prefer being able to send a normal e-mail to having to fill in a questionaire.

Peter I agree on the contact – but the reasons for using a contact form is two fold – firstly – spam – and secondly – it creates a data base for the photographer (not that most use it anyway) but it offers the website owner the opportunity at least – and we are looking at this from the owner’s point of view – not yours and mine :). I usually do both. But ya – the SPAMMMMMMM

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx