Nikon Speedlight SB 910 vs SB 50002017-09-19T11:35:20+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment Other Camera Equipment Nikon Speedlight SB 910 vs SB 5000

Nikon Speedlight SB 910 vs SB 5000

• Author
    Participant

I want get another Speedlight. Got a SB 900 which tends to overheat just too often to my liking. I see the SB 5000 has got functions galore.
    All I want is a powerful flash, used mostly at corporate events where I am sometimes far away from the stage and or there is no roof to bounce from.

Do I really need the R10000 SB 5000? Is it better than a SB 910 for my application? Guess an used SB 910 will be about half the price.

• Leo Theron
    Participant

@Helenus Kruger 297811 wrote:

I want get another Speedlight. Got a SB 900 which tends to overheat just too often to my liking. I see the SB 5000 has got functions galore.
    All I want is a powerful flash, used mostly at corporate events where I am sometimes far away from the stage and or there is no roof to bounce from.

Do I really need the R10000 SB 5000? Is it better than a SB 910 for my application? Guess an used SB 910 will be about half the price.

Hello H,

Make sure your SB-900 has the latest firmware.

Then – what about putting the flash on a light stand closer to the stage? (If you cannot get there). Control and trigger it with the Nikon CLS system (your camera might do it…) or use a simple trigger… or get a Cactus V6ii trigger so that you can remotely control your flash. Half the distance and you only use 25% of the power for the same light and your batteries will last four times as long – and your flash will not be stressed at all.

Me? I will get another SB-900 or 910.

HTH…

• elsahoffmann

me – I dont like my SB900.
    I also have 2 x SB 800’s which I much prefer.

• Leo Theron
    Participant

@elsahoffmann 297823 wrote:

me – I dont like my SB900.
    I also have 2 x SB 800’s which I much prefer.

So Elsa – you actually have some flash guns? That is a revelation…

Hat, coat, door…

• elsahoffmann

never said I use the things…

but ya when I do a wedding – which is once a year (just so I remember why I dont do them)

• Helenus Kruger
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx