/////Nikon Capture NX2 …online purchase of ..
Nikon Capture NX2 …online purchase of ..2010-04-29T13:15:47+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Digital Darkroom Digital Image Processing Nikon Capture NX2 …online purchase of ..

Nikon Capture NX2 …online purchase of ..

• Author
    Participant

Hi
    I have been looking at the purchase of Nikon Capture NX2.
    I have downloaded the full demo and would now like to buy it. There are two online options I have found to buy just the license code (which then prevents the expiry of the full demo version).
    The Nikon Mall option is $179.95 but they cannot take payment from South Africa for some reason.
    Another option is from a company called ImageMixer here
    http://www.imagemixer.net/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=107
    which is only $119.95
    Has anyone had any experience dealing with them?
    (This cost is way below the boxed version cost of approx R2,800 in SA)
    Brian

• Brian Suter
    Participant

Ok, well I can answer my own question on this now!
    Did more searching on the WWW and found that this company imagemixer.net has a dodgy reputation so avoid like the plague…
    http://photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00WKUe

• Peet Schultz
    Participant

Brian

I also tried the Nikon Mall option a while ago. Did not work due to some restriction on our region. Gave up eventually and bought from the Outdoorphoto Shop.

Regards

• Brian Suter
    Participant

Thanks Peet
    Their price (Outdoor Photo shop) is still R2986 but in the USA you can get the same software for about R1000
    What a rip off. Who is making all that profit and what value are they adding.
    All I am trying to do is buy a “key” and the difference in buying that number between the USA/Europe and RSA is R1900! It’s unbelievable.

• kobusrudolph
    Participant

Many countries with internet transactionsm don’t even have South Africa on their drop-down menu list. Reason.. one supplier told me, they never deal with Africa. It is too risky! Welcome to Souf Efrika! (I’m sorry but I had to get it in!) Still positive though!!

• PhotoMad
    Participant

in the USA you can get the same software for about R1000

Just be aware that some versions of some software, if bought in e.g. USA region, will not register online to SA IP address. Hence wasted money. Manufacturers way of preventing grey importing.
    I had endless troubles trying to update my original Nikon PictureProject that was purchased with cam in SA & installed/ registered on PC in SA & then would not update in Europe, due to my UK IP addy. Ended up getting someone in SA to download the “SA” region available update, & mail me the file.

• peterah
    Participant

Similar to what PhotoMad stated: I asked my brother to purchase a license code for me because he lives in the UK. I got it a lot cheaper than purchasing in the store. However, when trying to do the updates, I get told I am in the wrong region. Not a major problem for me as I just don’t do the updates so am still using NX 2.0 but if updating your software is important, then you need to purchase locally and pay the Nikon Agents’ huge markup.

• visagieh
    Participant

Peter, upload your updates directly from UK site. If you still get the errror, a small chance you have actually USA version. Upload the update from there. This should solve your update problem.

Or otherwise download from SA site the trial, update with UK key, etc.

• Brian Suter
    Participant

Interesting comments.
    Well I have a brother in the USA so I bought from Amazon and shipped it to him there.
    I’ll update you how that went when I get the license code to license my demo software.

When I see such an obvious exorbitant markup like this on CaptureNX it translates to one thing – opportunity afforded by low competition, and greed.

• PhotoMad
    Participant

@root

upload your updates directly from UK site.

Does not help. The sites track the your IP address & will not download to you if you’re in the wrong region. If you have UK/ USA purchased key & try updating in SA none of the sites will work. (in many cases, not all)
    Hence when trying to updates or infact a new download & registration when on holiday in a different region or having moved to a new region, the key from original region will not work.
    Just something to bear in mind as a possible risk when buying from another region.

• louisjacobs
    Participant

Right, this is an old thread but people may still have this issue.

Recently I read that Opera Browser offers a ‘Turbo mode’, which applies a proxy server and hence covers your ISP address with theirs. Possibly this browser could be used to download updates from different regions. Also, there are online proxy servers that can be used to hide your ISP address which should serve the same purpose.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx