Nikon 10-24mm oppinions2009-10-13T19:51:16+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Nikon 10-24mm oppinions

Nikon 10-24mm oppinions

• Author
    Participant

Hi Guys

Any oppinions on this lens? Should I spend less and get the Tokina 11-16mm or the Sigma 10-20? I know the Nikon will be great but as I am not a professional and am just looking for a good wideangle to experiment with going forward, I am not sure if it is a little overpriced now?

Any thoughts?

• kay
    Participant

It’s not going to drop in price if that’s what you’re hoping for – so if you don’t feel like spending R10k, you’ll have to go for one of the alternatives 😉 The Tokina seems great but I’m not sure if it’s even available in SA – have you got a price on it? All of these will fit the bill for your intended use, I’d be inclined to go with the Nikkor just to reduce the risk of compatibility issues and such but that’s just me. There’s plenty happy users of the other two.

• Creeper
    Participant

I use the Tamron whch is okay. I compared it to the sigma a 10-20mm copy available and it was basically the same. Wide open the edges is soft but at f6.3 it is really good

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx