New Tony Kuyper method2011-03-28T19:49:00+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Digital Darkroom Digital Image Processing New Tony Kuyper method

New Tony Kuyper method

• Author
    Participant

I know more and more people here on ODP have started playing around with luminosity masks in their post processing workflows. All thanks goes to Mr Tony Kuyper (http://www.goodlight.us) for sharing his genius with the world.

Since I am a huge fan of his techniques, I receive all his latest updated tutorials and action sets (in exchange for a small donation). His latest tutorial called “Triple play” is absolutely brilliant. It uses a combination of luminosity masks and blending modes to balance exposure, reveal detail and control contrast. This “triple play” totally follows the zen of only applying self feathering adjustments.

I have started playing around with it, and I can see the power of it, but I think I still need some practice. It is definitely going to have a regular spot in my processing workflow, where exactly is just the question.

Have any of the other luminosity mask users played around with this? I would really be interested to hear any thoughts on the process.

• Mark Dumbleton
    Participant

Philip, I have played around with this Triple play quite a bit now in the past week, and can honestly say it rocks! Once you understand what is going on by reading the tutorial, its so quick and easy, and very powerful!

Highly recommend this to anyone taking a serious approach to post processing!

Will definately be a part of my workflow!

• limpopoboy
    Participant

Hi Guys

As I am just stating out on the post processing trail I would be interested to see some samples of this technique. As far as I can see its mainly used for scapes is that correct?. Maybe an example or 2 of just what can be achieved with say a bird or a mammal would be nice.

Regards

Limpopoboy

• Philip Perold
    Participant

@mark Dumbleton 234305 wrote:

Philip, I have played around with this Triple play quite a bit now in the past week, and can honestly say it rocks! Once you understand what is going on by reading the tutorial, its so quick and easy, and very powerful!

Highly recommend this to anyone taking a serious approach to post processing!

Will definately be a part of my workflow!

I totally think that, if used with care, it could be used for different genres of photography. Check out this link for examples: http://www.goodlight.us/writing/tripleplay/tripleplay-2.html

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx