/////Monitor Screen Calibration Brightness/Contrast
Monitor Screen Calibration Brightness/Contrast2011-07-01T11:34:10+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Digital Darkroom Computing Hardware Monitor Screen Calibration Brightness/Contrast

Monitor Screen Calibration Brightness/Contrast

• Author
    Participant

After Simon commented on one of my images saying the image was underexposed but to me the image looked correctly exposed I noticed that on my laptop monitor it was correct and on my extended acer monitor it was underexposed! So which one do I take as correct ?

I did a bit of googling and found this site http://smokingstrobes.com/screen-calibration#comment-84 but for the life of me I can not see all numbers.

Is there any other method you guys use ?

• SteveG
    Participant

A histogram can be useful. No hard and fast rules, but make sure that the histogram is not heavily weighted to either left or right.

• Johan Grobbelaar
    Participant

The best way of course is to use a colorimeter like the Spyder or the Colormunki ….

• Deneys
    Participant

Thanks Johan,

I was googling the Spyder over the weekend do you know if it does Brightness/contrast as well or does it only do colour calibration ?

• Deneys
    Participant

Thanks Steve,

That’s exactly what I do. But I need some help on how to calibrate my two monitors regarding Brightness/Contrast.

• Johan Grobbelaar
    Participant

Does the whole lot Deneys!

• Deneys
    Participant

Thanks Johan something I need to invest in. New Laptop monitor is really p1ss1ng me off !

Pity you can rent them when you need them 😀

• Anonymous
    Participant

@deneys 240026 wrote:

Thanks Johan something I need to invest in. New Laptop monitor is really p1ss1ng me off !

Pity you can rent them when you need them 😀

You can. In fact iirc ODP rents the Spyder.

http://www.odprentals.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4:pricing-overview&catid=3 – it’s listed under other (though it’s not clear if they’re renting the hardware and software or just the software :confused:)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx