/////Importing Sony A7R III From B&H
Importing Sony A7R III From B&H2017-11-20T17:46:10+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR Cameras Importing Sony A7R III From B&H

Importing Sony A7R III From B&H

• Author
    Participant

Hi guys!

New to the forum here, but long time supporter of ODP.
    I’m thinking of importing the A7R III when it’s released, due to Sony pulling out of SA in 2014 or 2015.
    If anybody else has done this before and willing to share their advice on how to proceed, I would really appreciate it!
    Just need info on import duties (how much I should expect to pay), how long it takes, any negative experiences etc.

The plan is to acquire A7R III from B&H or Amazon or any location that allows shipping to ZA and import it from there. I know there’s 0 support for Sony in SA currently (but things might change in the future), but the camera will be insured (global – all risk), so if anything goes wrong, surely it can be replaced.

Any help appreciated. Thanks guys!

• Jostian
    Participant

Toy can also do it through Amazon.com, they include duties, taxes and courier in the bill prior to payment. Works well I’ve never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• theimageengineer
    Participant

@jostian 298059 wrote:

Toy can also do it through Amazon.com, they include duties, taxes and courier in the bill prior to payment. Works well I’ve never had any issues.

Thanks Jostian! Do you perhaps have a link or is it located on Amazon’s site?

• Jostian
    Participant

Hi, yes just go to amazon.com and search for it, and then check if they send it to SA.

• Jostian
    Participant

I checked, they do have it on pre-order and they do send out to SA, price is about 3700 USD incl. courier, duties and taxes.

• AllanBower
    Participant

I suggest you wait a few weeks because there are very credible rumours that Sony is coming back with a strong emphasis on mirrorless, and then you would be able to buy locally with all the local support.

There is supposed to be an announcement being made in Dec.

• Jostian
    Participant

@allanbower 298096 wrote:

I suggest you wait a few weeks because there are very credible rumours that Sony is coming back with a strong emphasis on mirrorless, and then you would be able to buy locally with all the local support.

There is supposed to be an announcement being made in Dec.

Yip they are back, already models listed on ODP

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx