iMac in the Kruger?2011-05-31T09:46:28+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics Outdoor Photography Topics iMac in the Kruger?

iMac in the Kruger?

• Author
    Participant

I’m toying with the idea of taking my iMac to the Kruger on Thursday to do some PP while bored in between drives (either that or reading:p). We’re staying in LS in the tents overlooking the river. Would it be safe to leave it there or better to pack it up when heading out? I need a laptop.

Is there 3G coverage there?

• Peter Veitch
    Participant

@gaboon 238226 wrote:

.. We’re staying in LS in the tents overlooking the river. Would it be safe to leave it there or better to pack it up when heading out? ….

Safe .. Tent number please!:D

In all seriousness .. I would not risk it and an iPod is small enough to quickly stowe. Personally I would take along a laptop for photo viewing not that the iPad is unsuitable. I just feel that I need the disc space for RAW images and a quicker card reader for down loads.

The only camps i remember having 3G are Skukusa and Satara but perhaps things have changed in the last year or so.

Enjoy your trip.

• Nick Holmes
    Participant

Thanks Peter, will decide by tomorrow. Very excited as the last time away, didn’t have much opportunity with the cam. Been reading the archives for tips and spots in Kruger so hopefully prepared.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx