/////How to change transfer destination camera to computer?
How to change transfer destination camera to computer?2012-03-29T16:37:15+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Digital Darkroom Digital Image Processing How to change transfer destination camera to computer?

How to change transfer destination camera to computer?

• Author
    Participant

I currently have a D3s and in order to get pics onto my computer I join the camera to a USB port with the supplied USB cord. I then click on the Nikon Transfer icon on my Desktop and that opens up. I turn on the camera and choose Nikon Transfer option when it shows. Then I press Start Transfer button on the Nikon Transfer screen and off they go…I dont know why but my defaullt drive is Disc drive C My docs/etc etc/Nikon Transfer. Itsonlya 25 Gb drive and is literally about empty when you open up the contents..About 6 items giving half a GB in total but it shows only 4.89 GB spare space..Problem is I use 16 gb cards and as this drive gets less and less space on it ?? I have to delete the cards down to 150 images = 25 % 0f 16 gb card. I literally load a card at a time and transfer it to an external drive (K) which still has 250 gb spare.
    Question is how do I change the setup so my pics automatically go to this external harddrive (Preferred lacation or primary location..Tried to change it this this afternoon but couldnt and the 3 test shots still went to Disk C..Sucha waste I have 120 gb of 16 gb cards and yeat I can only use 4-5 gb per card or 25 % of my cards capacity

• Anonymous
    Participant

Why don’t you just get yourself a bigger internal hard drive?

• Roberto
    Participant

Peter, I’m curious why you are not using a card reader?

You may be able to go to “my computer” and move (not copy) the required files to an external HD?

• Peter Betts
    Participant

Roberto I have 2x Sandisk Card Readers that worked in the beginning then wouldnt register when a card was put in so Morkel Erasmus told me about the trick of straight from the camera. The only problem is that the bucket they have always gone into has shrunk to 4.89 GB available space. All I want to be able to do is like going into your banks site and changing details or heare on ODP going into your profile and changing your signature or Avatar etc so to I now wish to tell my computer to change from accepting pics from C:/ Documents & ??/Peter/my Docs/my pictures/Nikon Transfer (Which is full of I cant find out) and I want to change tthis to External Drive K.
    William I would go out and get a new bigger drive internal but My computer is on its last legs and will be getting a new one at the next major breakdown

• Peter Betts
    Participant

I always down load and immediately cut and paste to the hard external drive K to empty out C Internal for downloading the next card which has been manually reduced to 150 shots or less thaqn 5 gb to fit the remainder of default C Drive and I am now sick of that as I would like to download the full 16 gb from the card = 606 RAW images @ 12 M Pixels

• Hannes Thirion
    Participant

@peter Betts 258341 wrote:

Then I press Start Transfer button on the Nikon Transfer screen and off they go…I dont know why but my defaullt drive is Disc drive C My docs/etc etc/Nikon Transfer.

Peter I don’t have Nikon or Nikon programs, but I am sure it should have some sort of ‘Preference’ menu in the Nikon Transfer program where you should be able to change the default download destination from c:docsetc… to k:photos or something like that?

Any Nikonians here who know the Nikon Transfer program who care to help Peter here to change the default download destination in the Nikon Transfer program? Should not be that difficult.

On the other hand Peter I thing the fact that your c-drive is full is more or less the same as your computer is broken and should be replaced with a new one? 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx