Explore Forums Discussions Photo Topics Beginners Forum Forum and gallery

Viewing 14 reply threads

Forum and gallery

• Author
      Participant

Guys,

Is there a way to see a user’s gallery directly from the forum? I’ve found quite a few times that I would be reading the forum, and subsequently want to go and check out a poster’s gallery, but there’s no quick link to their gallery.

Or am I overlooking it?

• Milica
      Participant

Good question – not as far I know (or have found). Only place that I know of is in the member galleries…or maybe I am also overlooking it.:(

If the function is not there maybe that is something Hedrus & co can add?

• jhayden
      Participant

Nope, have to jump to Member galleries, (open in new window/tab etc, and then search members by initial, or search by members name.

Good idea, though, maybe Hedrus is reading this? Can be included under the poster listing on the forum, as with the Galleries?

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Simon Sez:

Can be included under the poster listing on the forum, as with the Galleries?

PLEASE please pretty please make this so ???!!! On bended knees I beg you.
      I’ve wasted goodness know how much time in navigating around from page to page through alphabetical listings… you know, there are only *so* many hours in the day :-/

• hussya
      Participant

Heh, and here I thought I was just being full of it – seems it’s a worthwhile request :)

• Hugo
      Participant

Hi All,

I wouldn’t mind something like this. Often I have read posts about something, and wanted to go to the user’s gallery, and hunt if it is more than one page.

I vote yes! :D

B.

• Mike Nell
      Participant

Hi Guys

Its a valid request and not a new one at that.
      Its something I also wanted form the beginning but we cannot do, it coz for reasons bit unknown.
      But rest assured it is on list of things when we redo the site.

• bkm43
      Participant

I agree, it would be great to have this on the new site.

In the meantime Firefox users can have this functionality today :cool:.
      See: http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=3333

• saar
      Participant

it is not a perfect solution but if you know the HTML code, it is easy to do. what i do, is to open the forum and gallery in two seperate windows on my firefox

and then, when i post something in the forum and want to use a photo in the gallery to prove my point, i use the URL of that specific picture and use the IMG tags.

(IMG)http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za/forum/photopost/data/521/thumbs/30_porche-rs.jpg(/IMG)

just replace the (IMG) with [IMG], (/IMG) with[/IMG]
      to appear like this:
      30_porche-rs.jpg

but of course, clicking on the image (embedded in IMG tags) won’t take you to the gallery itself (which is what i think some users want).

or, one can simply copy and past the full URL in the post too but it leaves an unsightly (almost unreadable) link (that will take you to the gallery).

would be nice to see another menu option to take one directly to that person’s gallery (alongside the profile / send PM / etc options) when one clicks on his/her name

• bkm43
      Participant

Hi GH,

would be nice to see another menu option to take one directly to that person’s gallery (alongside the profile / send PM / etc options) when one clicks on his/her name

See the thread I posted above. It does exactly that “add a link to the user’s gallery’. I thought of adding it as another menu option but thought it would be too hidden away – maybe I should it add it in addition to the new link I have added already.

• saar
      Participant

yep, after i posted mine, i saw yours – thanks for your effort, it was much better! :-)

i however prefer to have the option in the drop-down menu, alongside the Profile and Private Message and other options, so that
      1. the overall page looks less cluttered (or better organised, if put in other way) :-)
      2. if i want to see a poster’s gallery, i can also PM him/her or see their private site (with hopefully other/more photos) at the same time
      3. make it less obvious for spam purposes (i’ve seen other sites where the gallery link was put out in the open, under a member’s name, and imature people started spamming that poster’s gallery where it is not so obvious to especially the moderators).

maybe hide that dropdown menu for unregistered people?

just my 2c’s thoughs.

• Mark H
      Participant

Go to My Profile, Edit Signature and add a link to your gallery. If all users did this……

• francoisvdm
      Participant

Odin wrote:
      Go to My Profile, Edit Signature and add a link to your gallery. If all users did this……Good idea…
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

just trying to see it it now looks too bluky … here we go

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Okay, giving this a try; here goes. (THANKS! good idea).

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In