Car Rigs2012-11-12T09:19:12+02:00

Car Rigs

• Author
    Participant

Anyone know where I can get the following locally. I can get them from B&H at a good price +- R5181 (UPS Worldwide) but local is lekker.

4X Manfrotto 035 Super Clamp without Stud @ ODP
    2X Avenger F1000 Pump Cup with Baby Swivel Pin
    @ ODP
    1X Avenger F1100 – 6″ Pump Cup with Baby Fixed Pin
    @ ODP
    1X Manfrotto 244 Variable Friction Magic Arm with Camera Bracket

Thanks

• Deneys
    Participant

OK So its just the magic arm Im looking for ?

• anco85
    Participant

I just got some steel piping, suction cups and modified an old tripod release plate. Total spent was under the R500 mark and it works 100s.

Why not try something like that rather?

• Deneys
    Participant

Thanks anco will have a look @ that

• Forgiss – Sean Nel
    Participant

erm… Deneys… @ ODP but I don’t think there is stock of that specific one… might have to go on order

• Deneys
    Participant

Sean please can you PM me the price for a magic arm the suction cup the outer cup is it made from plastic or steel ?

• Forgiss – Sean Nel
    Participant

@deneys 271094 wrote:

Sean please can you PM me the price for a magic arm the suction cup the outer cup is it made from plastic or steel ?

Magic arm just comes as a kit, unfortunately and you are looking at about R2700…

The one’s I was talking about is the 241 Suction cup (mount is cast, foot is rubber)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8926[/ATTACH]

The alternative to the magic arm is the snake arm (MA050A) which is quite a bit cheaper than the magic arm, has three connection points, and can be shaped to fit around a vehicle corner:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8927[/ATTACH]

• Deneys
    Participant

Thanks for the info Sean. I’ve been a bit hasty in my decision, as I could not find a good quality suction cup (one with a swivel) locally so I ordered it from B&H. Will need three SClamps. As soon as the goodies arrive I’ll make a turn @ the shop.

• Forgiss – Sean Nel
    Participant

Sure… my very… very old “review” for the 241 is still here (although not a good way to mount the camera for anything more speedy… no backup!)

• Deneys
    Participant

So I finally got all the Manfrotto suction cups Magic arm ect. and for the boom I’m using two aluminum poles at 3 meters in length outer ⌀ is 38mm inner is 35mm.

My plan is to section them into four 1.5 meter sections, so I’m looking for a pole that has an outer of 35mm.

I have looked high and low and cannot find a aluminum pole with these specs, can someone please point me in the correct direction.

• Morkel Erasmus
    Participant

Deneys you should have checked out the new rig made locally by GimPro, looks great and I’m sure it’s half the price of what you will end up paying 🙂

• Deneys
    Participant

LOL thanks Morkel, but I think we talking about two different things. This is the rig I’m talking about http://www.harniman.com/blog/the-long-and-the-short-of-automotive-rig-photography/

Just need to finish off the boom arm.

I think GimPro makes this type of rig https://www.facebook.com/263741773756614/photos/a.350536515077139.1073741832.263741773756614/455635444567245/?type=1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx