Classifieds: Latest Ads Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Canon Lenses 50mm 2.5(macro) and 1.4usm(whats the diffs

Viewing 4 reply threads

Canon Lenses 50mm 2.5(macro) and 1.4usm(whats the diffs

• Author
      Participant

I am in 2 minds about this lenses.

What is your knowledge and why does the one say macro and the other focus on USM?

I want to get a good aperture for low light (weddings) and also for my studio work because i focus more on product and stock.
      What will u suggest?

• J-D
      Participant

The macro will focus slower, but will have a much lower minimum focus distance, so you will be able to get much closer to the subject. Personally, I’d get the 1.4 (usm means ultrasonic motor, although it is a micro USM in this case) and add extension tubes for macro…

• WarrenPike
      Participant

I would also go with the 1.4, better for the low light weddings.
      Don’t know how close you want to go, or how small your subjects are with studio type shots??

• Corlie
      Participant

i do more table top product shoot and also studio where my subject is very close.I must admit i would prefer the 1.4usm..but Photomax suggested 2.5 but i would rather hear from the ppl that actually use the lenses:)

• leo27
      Participant

I’ve bought Canon 50mm f1.4 about 4 weeks ago and it is bolted to my camera since…. awesome glass! Starting from f2.8 to f8 – quality is breathtaking (sweet spot!!!) I also shoot it wide open @ f1.4 and its just great!!! Sorry – never used 2.5 macro… I use 150mm Sigma for my macro and close ups

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In