• Author
      Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8223[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8224[/ATTACH]

Still looks like it’s due on Friday.

Source: CanonRumors.com

• Etienne Oosthuizen
      Participant

Canon doing some great marketing … leaking these and that Japanese photographer with the 200-400 in east Africa … yes I think Canon is behind all of these leaks …

This is the big canon announcement of the year … we all knew about the 1Dx they had to bring something to the table to combat the D3s/D4 … but it seems the 5Dmk3 is going a completely different route to the D800 … going to be very interesting!

• kobuspotgieter
      Participant

Would certainly be very interesting to see how it unfolds

If the rumors are correct and the camera will have a 22mp sensor, able to shoot at 7fps and with a new “pro” 61 point AF
      – Canon might find it hard to sell 1DX’s if the ISO from the 22mp is roughly comparable to that of the 18mp sensor from the 1DX
      – If the ISO from the 22mp sensor is not roughly comparable to that of the 1DX, it will be comparable to the ISO from the 36mp Nikon and Canon will take a lot of flack for not adding more mp to the upgrade.

Going to be interesting indeed.

• Loyiso
      Participant

@Etienne Oosthuizen 256162 wrote:

Canon doing some great marketing … leaking these and that Japanese photographer with the 200-400 in east Africa … yes I think Canon is behind all of these leaks …

This is the big canon announcement of the year … we all knew about the 1Dx they had to bring something to the table to combat the D3s/D4 … but it seems the 5Dmk3 is going a completely different route to the D800 … going to be very interesting!

I agree with you Etienne. I also share the same thoughts about these leaks. Does this give you more choice to decide whether to stay or jump?

• BenBotha
      Participant

The “new” camera has a headphone jack on the side-the video guys would love that.

Ben

• Loyiso
      Participant

@Etienne Oosthuizen 256162 wrote:

Canon Japan even ‘made a mistake’ over the weekend by listing the Canon EOS 5D Mark III in its website between the 5D Mark II and 1D Mark IV. This was later removed when the ‘mistake’ was picked up.

• cagenuts
      Participant

Latest specs

• 22mp
      • 61pt AF
      • 100% VF
      • 3.2″ LCD
      • Dual CF/SD Card Slots
      • Price: Around $3500 USD
      • Announcement on March 2, 2012 (Depending where you are on earth)
      • Battery Grip BG-E11

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8230[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8231[/ATTACH]

• BushMaster
      Participant

When will we see it at ODP shop?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In