/////Canon 40D Image authentication
Canon 40D Image authentication2009-05-04T04:58:40+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR Cameras Canon 40D Image authentication

Canon 40D Image authentication

• Author
    Participant

A good friend of mine in the dog jumping world has a Canon 40D and a Canon 70-200 f4 L lens. She saw on my image detail screen on my Nikon D700 that in the EXIF Data I have my name as artist and Copyright as well. She wants to do the same as she sells her images to the rest of the Fraternity in the dog world. Together we couldnt find the function on her camera and in her manual…admitedly I didnt have my reading glasses and it was very bright at the show so we may have both missed it…How does she put in her name on the setup menu (does Canon 40D have such a menu? I’m sure it does but could be under another name???) as well as Copyright…Where will she find this on her menus or better still where in the manual (Page no)…One thing that impressed me about the 40D manual is that it is about 25% as thick as my D700 Manual…nikon obviously take a long time explaining a function in their hard to understand manuals!!!:D

• markthomas
    Participant

You have to connect the camera to your PC and input the info using Canon’s EOS Utility program.

This is not however “Image authentication” – that is a completely different kettle of fish.

• Anonymous

Maybe a telephone call to Canon will do the trick

• Irvine
    Participant

hi
    connect camera to computer and then go to the canon software that came with the camera

make sure that the camera is set to communicate with computer.. you will find that in the canon camera menue

you should get a window “connected to camera” on your computer

Then look at the window that should give you a space where you can put in some individual data ABOUT THE CAMERA which will then appear on all images.

If you want to individualize every shot then open the folder with all the shots that are on your computer…open them in Adobe Bridge. Select all those you want to individualize and then right click and select batch process. The brings up a menue where you can label a whole batch or you can do it singly. a hint…dont overwrite the unique number of the image

hope this makes sense for you

regards
    i

@peter Betts 155370 wrote:

A good friend of mine in the dog jumping world has a Canon 40D and a Canon 70-200 f4 L lens. She saw on my image detail screen on my Nikon D700 that in the EXIF Data I have my name as artist and Copyright as well. She wants to do the same as she sells her images to the rest of the Fraternity in the dog world. Together we couldnt find the function on her camera and in her manual…admitedly I didnt have my reading glasses and it was very bright at the show so we may have both missed it…How does she put in her name on the setup menu (does Canon 40D have such a menu? I’m sure it does but could be under another name???) as well as Copyright…Where will she find this on her menus or better still where in the manual (Page no)…One thing that impressed me about the 40D manual is that it is about 25% as thick as my D700 Manual…nikon obviously take a long time explaining a function in their hard to understand manuals!!!:D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx