Canon 24-105 f4 L IS USM Lens2007-07-28T16:51:23+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Canon 24-105 f4 L IS USM Lens

Canon 24-105 f4 L IS USM Lens

• Author
    Participant

Can anyone please comment on this lens. A client of mine is interested in getting one and would like to know what suggestions/comments anyone may have please. She is currently using the EOS 350D body that will be upgraded later.

• m0narf
    Participant

An excellent lens, that together with the 24-70 2.8 are regarded as the best of the best.

• sulie7605
    Participant

The best place for Canon reviews is
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-24-105mm-f-4-L-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

They compare all the lenses

• Trudelbug
    Participant

It is a great Excellent Lens, still i prefer 24-70 over this lens

• jhayden
    Participant

An excellent lens for general use. I use mine for everything from motorsport to weddings, studio to commercial stuff. I prefer the 24-105/4 over the 24-70/2.8 as the latter does not do head & shoulder portraits as flattering as the longer focal length lens (note – this is my personal opinion.)

• PierreC
    Participant

This is an excellent lens, BUT it is aimed at the full-frame (5D and 1Ds) market. Although it works very well on a FOVC body such as the 350D it does not mean it’s the best choice. A lot depends on the application, if it is intended as a general purpose walk-about lens then your client might do better with the 17-85mm IS lens simply because it is a “wider” lens. The focal length between 17 and 24 mm might sound like a little, but it makes a BIG difference.
    I point this out because I have both lenses (using a 20D body) but I find that although the 24-105 lens is by far superior to the 17-85 lens, I tend to use the latter more often simply because I often shoot with the zoom set between 17 and 24mm. That means I have to swap lenses more often than I like.
    In my case the superiority of the 24-105 lens is somewhat lost simply because of the zoom range. However the 24-105 will really come into it’s own right the day that I upgrade to fullframe. 🙂

• mimi
    Participant

Depending on use ! By far one of the best lenses out there, I use mine for all type of functions, the zoom is perfect for head shots as well as group photos. Unless you have a specific need for the 17-85… don’t do it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx