Classifieds: Latest Ads Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Canon 200-400 and 5D3 sighted

Viewing 11 reply threads

Canon 200-400 and 5D3 sighted

• Author
      Participant

This photograph was snapped in Kenya this week. It appears to be a new full frame camera body on a new 600mm lens.

Noted Features

No popup flash
      Joystick on the battery grip
      Screen appears wider (although it could be distortion)
      New button layouts
      New Scroll wheel

Also seen was the new 200-400L from Canon.

See more on this website.

Source: canonrumours.com

• Dodging
      Participant

That fella wishes they gave him a manual too :eek:

• Nqina Dlamini
      Participant

I hope the 7D MKII rumours are true, then I can pick-up a cheap used 7D.:D

• cagenuts
      Participant

Some people were apparently suggesting that the images taken of the lenses and new body were somehow faked so the wildlife photogs have uploaded a follow-up.

There’s even a link to the RAW file to check for yourself.

• Alvin
      Participant

Does it make sense that they would test a new camera or cameras and new lenses together?
      would it not be prudent to test new lenses on a body that has predictable or known performance, and likewise prudent to test new body or bodies with lenses that are proven known performers?
      Lets say the testing does say reveal issues, then is it the new body/bodies or the new lenses?
      Or is there something I’m missing?

• Phillip.Grobler
      Participant

If the guy was on safari in kenya the are probably very confident that the lens and body is up to scratch, and close to final.products.

• Forgiss – Sean Nel
      Participant

Too many variables… I think the cameras are all done and ready to go. I think the lenses and bodies are “out in the wild” for actual, real world experience testing. Nobody wants the 1DIII repeat!

• cagenuts
      Participant

Sean what was the story with the 1DIII please?

• Roberto
      Participant

Shutter box and AF problems.

• Forgiss – Sean Nel
      Participant

@cagenuts 253373 wrote:

Sean what was the story with the 1DIII please?

Early models had issues with real world AF situations. Some cameras had real problems, but we have found that in many scenarios, people just didn’t understand how to set up the new AF system for their needs. Once Canon release a website dedicated to setting up AF, many of those problems “went away”

There were batches though that had defective AF, and many of these were recalled…

My reference was more in the direction of getting real world user feedback of how people use the cameras, gives Canon the opportunity to do the base setup close to what the majority of users will start off well, and then also see where manuals and interface problems make it difficult to effectively adjust the system for peak performance.

Nikon does the same. Engineers can’t design interface and shouldn’t be allowed to write manuals (that should be left for google translate :D )

• peterah
      Participant

I’m sure that those lenses and camera body have already been thoroughly tested. They are probably now using it in the field to produce advertising for the upcoming release.

• cagenuts
      Participant

Thanks Roberto and Sean!

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In