/////Canon 1.4x extender compatible?
Canon 1.4x extender compatible?2017-07-11T16:57:14+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Canon 1.4x extender compatible?

Canon 1.4x extender compatible?

• Author
    Participant

Hey guys.

Anybody using a Canon 1.4x extender with a Sigma 150-500mm? Whats your take on picture quality as well as are there any auto focus issues? Links to pics taken with and without the extender would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• SimonDP

Sigma says their 1.4x can be used with the 150-500, but knowing the effect of TC on zoom lenses, and the clean lens IQ, I would not recommend it being used with a TC, unless you are not very fussy about detail, sharpness and IQ. Also you will loose AF, have a quite dark viewfinder ( f9 reported as f8 to the camera) and should you have a camera which can handle f8 AF, it will be slow and not very accurate, and non-existent in poor lighting.

• elsahoffmann

I have also seen people use extenders on all sorts of lenses – and the long ones. I had a really good TC – but quite frankly I agree with the other boet – I seriously woud avoid the use if I could. Actually I do. I just pretend there is no such thing as a TC

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx