Camerabag suggestions2018-05-22T10:18:03+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment Other Camera Equipment Camerabag suggestions

Camerabag suggestions

• Author
    Participant

Any suggestions for a long enough camerabag, i have a nikon d7100 attached to 200-500 f5.6 nikor lens.

• SimonDP

Few bags will accomodate the fitted body. You’ll have to look at backpack type, easier to carry and less stress on the shoulders, Think Tank Airport series a good option, LowePro Pro-Runner 450, Phototrekker also good. You can also get a Glass Taxi type by Think Tank, easily takes long prime with body attached, so should work nicely with your combo. Best is to grab your gear, go to a shop and fit it all in. But those bags dont come cheap.

• elsahoffmann

Lowepro flipside 200 (or 300 or 400)

I use the 200 – and I fit my D500 and the 200-500 in it – have to remove the lens hood and turn it around on the lens.
    I also squeeze in another small lens (50mm or 28mm)

• Iwan
    Participant

I’ve got a Vivitar DKS-25, which fits my body with Sigma 150-600mm lens (hood attached) in an upright position. The side pouches houses my 2nd body with wide-angle lens, as well as a few other lenses. The rear pocket houses my 17″ laptop. All-in-one solution for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Vivitar-DKS-25-Photo-Laptop-Backpack/dp/B00579S07Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1527070828&sr=1-2&keywords=Vivitar+DKS-25

• elsahoffmann

You specifically asked what bag is long enough – so you have some suggestions answering that question.

But let me warn you – one never has the right bag – I have 6 by now and use them all at times. :p

• Norm de Plume
    Participant

Best thing I ever did was ditch, or closet, my Lowepro AW backpack for a Pro Roller x200 AW. My back has never been more grateful.

• elsahoffmann

@Norm de Plume 298439 wrote:

Best thing I ever did was ditch, or closet, my Lowepro AW backpack for a Pro Roller x200 AW. My back has never been more grateful.

I mostly use my roller too. Absolutely. But it’s too big if I only take the D500 and the 200-500 on an outing

And have you seen what they cost these days…

• DeonRacePix
    Participant

Elsa, I used a Tamrac since 2014 .. it can fit up to 600F4 lens with the camerabody fitted . . very comfortable even when I am renting a 600F4

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx