Budget Portrait lens2017-10-10T12:24:43+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR/DSLR Lenses Budget Portrait lens

Budget Portrait lens

• Author
    Participant

Good day,
    What lens would be suitable for portrait/weddings on a budget at around R6000

• elsahoffmann

Canon / Nikon / other?

• bomtek

Your profile says you are a Canon shooter

Zoom lenses – Canon 18-135IS f3.5-5.6 or Canon 24-105 f3.5-5.6 or Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4
    Prime lens – Canon 85mm f1.8

not really wedding quality but that’s all your buck will buy I’m afraid. I would take the 85mm of these 4

• SimonDP

If you shop for a good used Canon 24-105 f4 L IS, they can be had sometimes from R6000 upwards.

• KevinV
    Participant

Been looking all over for a Canon 24-105 f4 L IS (skaars soos hoender tanne)

• KevinV
    Participant

Found a 24-70 f4 L

• compasiune11
    Participant

You should think about Canon 85 1.8. It is a great lens!

• KevinV
    Participant

@compasiune11 298236 wrote:

You should think about Canon 85 1.8. It is a great lens!

I’ve been playing around with my Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8, and i’m very impressed

• elsahoffmann

WELL DONE – nothing wrong with the 60mm lens for portraits.

• compasiune11
    Participant

The wider the aperture and longer focal length, the lens becomes better for portraits.
    Lower distortions and better diffuse background.

• BrianSA
    Participant

Yes, I’ve often used my EFS 60mm f2.8 for portraits, it’s great 🙂

• Bashirj
    Participant

@Shelby 298241 wrote:

I’ve been playing around with my Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8, and i’m very impressed

Super cool lens for portraits, awesome colour

• KevinV
    Participant

[ATTACH]9611[/ATTACH]

• elsahoffmann

Lovely moment captured
    You may want to look at your editing – there is a lot of red in the image.

• KevinV
    Participant

@elsahoffmann 298346 wrote:

Lovely moment captured
    You may want to look at your editing – there is a lot of red in the image.

Gave the client a few choices of editing styles and this is the one they wanted 😉

• elsahoffmann

Shelby – I am not making a comment to discourage you or say your image is bad – I am commenting to try and help you. The intimacy in the image is very very nice and well captured. The IQ however can be improved on. Clients are not photographers – and you therefor have to make sure you do the best you can for your client. They simply wont know better. But you have to. The colour in the image is not good. It can be a lot better – and should be a lot better. If I know better – and I don’t say that – and simply say – oh very well done – I would be lying to you. Also remember – every single one of us started out knowing nothing. But we learned because people on ODP were willing to crit and comment. And allowed us therefor to grow and get better. Your processing needs work.

• KevinV
    Participant

@elsahoffmann 298348 wrote:

Shelby – I am not making a comment to discourage you or say your image is bad – I am commenting to try and help you. The intimacy in the image is very very nice and well captured. The IQ however can be improved on. Clients are not photographers – and you therefor have to make sure you do the best you can for your client. They simply wont know better. But you have to. The colour in the image is not good. It can be a lot better – and should be a lot better. If I know better – and I don’t say that – and simply say – oh very well done – I would be lying to you. Also remember – every single one of us started out knowing nothing. But we learned because people on ODP were willing to crit and comment. And allowed us therefor to grow and get better. Your processing needs work.

I’m always open criticism GOOD or BAD

• elsahoffmann

Great. You can always post image in the gallery section – which is more suitable for comments and crit. Comments may be slow though – or put it this way – I find it slow

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx