Classifieds: Latest Ads Forums Discussions Photo Topics GPS Great Photo Spots Avian and Landscape Photography spots in and around Mossel Bay

Viewing 4 reply threads

Avian and Landscape Photography spots in and around Mossel Bay

• Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone

I have recently moved down to Mossel Bay and I yet to find some great Avian Photography spots as well as nice spots for Landscape stuff….if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks….

• SimonDP

Been to Mosselbay, more Gourits, which offers some landscape /seascape opportunities,  but don’t know the area well enough to offer any real suggestions.

• elsahoffmann

From what I recall – there are some very nice spots on the beach for landscapes towards Knysna – I know this is more than an hour’s drive – but should be a nice day outing. There is a guy in Knysna – Andrew Averley – perhaps look him up and pick his brains – he has done plenty along that stretch as far as I recall.

• elsahoffmann

oh and dont forget Stilbaai

• BiermanCR
      Participant

Gourits is fantastic for the view as well as the birds.  There are a lot of terns heading in around sunset and I have seen a black harrier there as well.

The Hartenbos sewage works is great for birds as well.  A lot of pied avocets and white backed night heron.

If you are willing to drive Wilderness is always worth your while.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In