5D III vs 6D2017-12-26T10:09:05+02:00

Explore Forums Discussions Camera Equipment SLR Cameras 5D III vs 6D

5D III vs 6D

• Author
    Participant

Why does the 5D III body sell in most cases for relatively so much more than the 6D on the used market ?

• SimonDP

Was much more expensive to start off with. And its a pro orientated body versus serious enthusiast for 6D

• Johann van Staden
    Participant

I agree Simon, but when comparing the two bodies feature for feature, and other than focusing, body construction, shutter durability and a few more I fail to fully understand the difference. I think it was perhaps more a matter of market segmentation and a good price point for Canon to enter the FF market. Interesting that some review comparisons the 6D higher rate than the 5D Mk III.

• bomtek

@johann van Staden 298145 wrote:

….and other than focusing, body construction, shutter durability and a few more….

I think you have just answered your own question Johann.
    It focuses better, its built to be more durable and the shutter lasts longer;

or are the above not sufficient to justify the higher expense?

• Johann van Staden
    Participant

@bomtek 298146 wrote:

I think you have just answered your own question Johann.
    It focuses better, its built to be more durable and the shutter lasts longer;

or are the above not sufficient to justify the higher expense?

Thanks Terry. I’m actually not sure if the mentioned does justify the (for me) quite large price difference. But if general consensus is that it does, I’m happy…

• SimonDP

Agree with Terry – the 6D is not very good at low light fast focus tracking, erratic movement, etc. Costs money to design and build that into a body. Same applies to body construction which aids durability in adverse conditions. Shutter design for longer life = higher costs. Etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log In

People Who Like Thisx